12/12/2019 0 Comments
Finance Effects Economy - Essay Example
A finance student studies a bachelor degree in business administration with a major in finance. The purpose of this paper is to discuss and describe the history of finance, how it affects the economy, and areas of specialization in finance. The field of finance as we know it today began in the 1950â€™s. When finance education started it was often part of the curriculum of economics or a part of business administration. Today the focus of the finance major is integrated as part of a business administration education. The majority of undergraduate finance degrees in the U.S. are part of a business curriculum, but at the graduate level finance is often taught based on the economic approach (Miller). One of the primary focuses of a finance education is to teach students how to make better decisions. Finance professionals are supposed to be able to maximize shareholders wealth (Besley & Brigham). The finance field is often referred to as the cousin of accounting due to the fact that a lot of the concepts and data used in finance come from accounting information. Many small companies integrate the accounting and finance departments. Two extremely important financial concepts in finance, risk and return, were first introduced to the general public by Harry Markowitz in 1952 in his publication Portfolio Selection published in the Journal of Finance. The work finance people perform in an organization is very important. For instance once the accountant completes the accounting cycle and prepares the financial statements the finance people can analyze the information to determine the financial performance of the company. The four major financial statements are the income statement, balance sheet, statement of retained earnings, and statement of cash flow. The income statement measures the profitability of a company, while the balance sheet illustrates the financial condition of a company at a specific point in time. The statement of cash flow is composed of three sections: operating, financing, and investments. The financial statements for the entire fiscal year are included within the contents of the annual report. Public companies also release quarterly financial statements to comply with the regulations of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC). Three financial analysis the can be used to analyze the financial statements are ratio analysis, vertical analysis, and horizontal analysis. Ratio analysis is a tool that is often used by finance professionals. The five categories of ratio analysis are liquidity, solvency, profitability, activity, and coverage ratios (AccountingExplained). Horizontal analysis can be used to compare the different items or elements of the financial statements against the performance of the previous accounting period. The objective of vertical analysis is to report each amount or item in the financial statement as a percentage of another item. When performing vertical analysis on an income statement all the items of the statement are typically compared against the sales total of the company. The discipline of finance can also be used for other analytical purposes. Financial managers often have to evaluate the firmâ€™s valuation and the valuation of other companies that the firm might invest in. A financial model to evaluate the risk of a
A head nurse has the following important duties and job responsibilities: * Planning and scheduling the work activities of junior nurses in her section. * Making sure that the medical reports and instruments are kept properly and safely. * Ensuring that the patients obey the instructions and advice of the doctors and follow their prescriptions sincerely. * Ensuring that the areas where the patients are admitted are sanitized properly on a regular basis. * Directing the patients to have their meals regularly and receiving feedback from them in case of faulty food items or other issues. * Making her patients relax in case of adversities and major surgeries being performed on them. * Comforting her patients and injecting them with the required medicinal doses as advised by the doctors. * Cleaning the areas that contained medical instruments, medicines and syringes in order to ensure safety for all those who visit these areas. * Sanitizing the rooms where the patients are dressed and changed in order to avoid microbial infections. * Assisting her patients with calling their relatives and helping the old ones move from one place to another.
* Walking with the doctors during their routine rounds and check-ups and noting down the directions of the doctor with regard to the health and care of the patients. * Ensuring that she provides all the health care facilities and services to the patients with accordance to the rules, regulations and policies of the state. * Placing demands for new medicines and documenting their amounts properly and ordering fresh stocks of the medicines that have expired. * Ensuring that all the needs and demands of the patients are fulfilled during their stay in their hospitals. * Making sure that the patients are comfortable and feel at home. * Executing all other tasks that need her assistance and patient health care services. * Duties and Responsibilities of a Head Nurse:
* Head nurses manage all the administrative duties of the departments which they are assigned to work in * They schedule shifts for the nurses and assign duties to them * They collect work reports from all the nurses regarding their day-to-day activities and maintains a record of them * They present the records collected from all the nurses to the respective doctorswho are handling cases of those patients * They assist and conduct training programs for the nurses who are new and need help * They also solve any issues related to the patients
* Head nurses also come in direct contact with the patients and diagnose theirhealth problems
* Inventory management is also one of the responsibilities of the head nurses
* Head nurses review and supervise the pre-operative settings made by the nurses in the operating room and make sure that they have provided required equipments to the doctors * Head nurses often accompany the doctors when they go on their rounds to check the patients where they present the reports collected by them
* They provide necessary help to the doctors such as carrying diagnostic equipments, etc., to the doctors while they are on round for check-up They maintain a log of the entries of the patients in their wards and their health Reports * Head nurses also look for the hygiene in the hospital and in the rooms and make sure that the patients are provided with enough facilities and entertain all types of complaints from the patients *
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.